Monday, November 05, 2012

Reunited (and it feels so good)

This morning was my first real workout with November Project.  Friday was a trial hill and it was good.  I was a bit stiff and my heel barked a couple of times, but it was good.  Today is a destination deck.  Since I'm back on my regular schedule where I'm only in Wednesday - Friday, it meant a day I could actually work out with the tribe.

I was welcomed back with a huge hug from Brogan and a chorus of Happy Birthday. :)

Today was the boot camp style workout starting with 5 sets of sprints.  I had to bag out of at least one set because my heel made it clear that it's good but it's not great.  Then it was onto 5 rounds of 5 stations: push ups; sit ups; air squats; plank and superman.  We moved in groups around the park behind Wentworth and Mass Art cheering each other on.

Our group got pretty silly.  During the air squats, we did a group circle counting off 1-2 around the circle or adding a loud grunt between counting.  We high fived each other during push ups, told jokes during supermans and even tried to do a round of "Row your boat" in a round (that failed miserably, but was still funny).

Yes, I have missed this heartily.

Wednesday I will hit Harvard Stadium early, before most of the rest of the tribe arrives.  The three goals I set for myself on Wednesday: 5 minimum, 7-8 is good but 10 or more would be freaking awesome.

In the end, it's good to be back and it won't be long before I'm back on track fully.

No comments: