Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Same view, more work

Today I learned an important lesson about getting my fat, lazy ass out the door.  I got up, sat down to watch the news before heading out and thought, "I can take a 10 minute nap before leaving."

No I couldn't because the nap was closer to 30 minutes and that meant getting to the stadium at 6:15 instead of 5:45 and having to wait for the racers to off before I could start.  Basically, I started an hour later than I normally would.

Still it was a damn sight better than yesterday when I sat in my running clothes for 6 hours before I finally realized I was not going to will myself out the door for a run and changed into my regular clothes, so there's that.  I knew I was on the right track when I pulled into the stadium and Matisyahu's song "Motivation," came up in my "just play shit" (aka using the shuffle features on the songs library) mix on the iPod part of my iPhone.

I was glad to see Paulie there for his first attempt today and it was the first time I've seen Emily in what feels like forever, so that all worked for me too.

The reason this is the same view but more work is that I did it a little different today, instead of walking up one flight, walk over to the next section and down, I walked up one flight, turned around and went back down the same flight once I got a couple of sections in and in between the groups of folks.  It was good to be able to encourage folks to make it up the last few steps of their flights and I reached my mid-level goal.  (Small goal was what I did last time, big goal is last time * 2 and mid-level is half way between the two.)

Today's playlist was Beebs and her Money Makers.  I have both her albums on my iPhone and hit the "shuffle" button to mix it up between the two.  While my favorite song, "Jumpin'," did not come up in the mix, some of my other favorites did.  (Perhaps I'll build a playlist off that for next week.)

Now that I've rehydrated as well as had a waffle and some coffee, it's time to shower and get the rest of the day in motion.  I do make this promise to myself: tomorrow I WILL do week 1/day 2 of my C25K program.  No excuses, just motivation... and maybe some Jumpin' with my new shoes and my positive attitude.

No comments: