Monday, July 24, 2006

Goals wo 7/24

After looking over a bunch of stuff, I think I have a relatively sane training schedule to follow for the next couple of months - so this week I'm hoping to do the following:

Monday/Wed/Friday - run/walk/xt
Tuesday - 3 mile run
Thursday - 2 mile run
Saturday - 3 mile run
Sunday - rest


Since today is Monday and I raced yesterday, I figured I'd do some non-weight bearing xt work and swam for 16 laps (32 lengths, 800 yards, 1/2 mile - however you want to count it) of breast stroke in 30 minutes.

One thing I really hate is swimming during "general swim" time. They only have 2 lap lanes and the adolescents who want to play splash games don't care if there are 12 people trying to share 2 lap lanes - they want the whole pool and any adult who complains is a pain in the ass. Not only that, you have 12 people of varying ability and goals sharing those two lanes. The "serious" swimmers - people training for tri's, fitness swimmers, etc. who like to go quickly get frustrated with people like me who swim at a medium speed while the old farts who just take their time to go back and forth as they desire (and frustrate me) are thrown into the mix.

Add to that the little kids who over estimate their abilities and then hang onto the lap lines for dear life as they are (literally and figuratively) over their heads... well, it gets a bit tense.

By the time the lifeguards figured there were enough adults to add a 3rd lap lane, I was done in more ways than one. So my choice is to come for the only adult time during the day from 12:45 until 1:30 or put up with the general swim situation.

Let's just that we'll see where I'm at on Wednesday before I figure out what to do next time.

No comments: