Monday, July 17, 2006

It's like one million degrees

It is hot.

Not just here, but all over the country. I just couldn't bring myself to run today so I went down to the local pool and did 8 laps (16 up and backs) in like 10 minutes. I then spent 45 minutes sitting on the edge of the pool with a couple of friends with my feet in the water enjoying the fact it was like 15 degrees cooler there than any place else in town.

I'm planning of getting up early tomorrow to get a run in. If weather.com is correct, there should be a window up until 7 am that is reasonable running weather. If it is, then I'll go for either my (14/1)x2 or 2 miles at an 18:39 pace or some combo there of.

I'm pretty sure that I'm going to do the Tufts 10K in October. One of my friends at the pool was telling me what a fantastic race it is, how much I'm going to love it and why I should do it. I know that I'll probably do a 5K when I go to San Diego... even if I am the last one across, it will be fun.

Right now I'm going back to the Sox game ... although I may listen to it on the radio in the AC rather than watch it on TV.

No comments: