Sunday, July 08, 2007

Four Sure

For some reason, four miles seems to be the new base distance for me. Between the Thursday night race series, the Hingham race the other day and now some of my loops - four miles seems to be the distance to shoot for in my life this summer.

Today's four mile loop was a "keep the river on the right" course - just running along the Charles from one bridge to another for 4.06 miles. I always enjoy a run when I see bunnies. I don't know why but I honestly feel like when I see a bunny that something is watching out for me and reminding me to smile and today I saw two playing together at the beginning of my run.

I also had a butterfly fly along side me for a little bit at the 2 mile mark. It joined up with me near the MDC pool and then fluttered over the bridge when I went straight.

This Thursday is one of the dirt cheap duathalons out of the Marsh Post in Cambridge. If I thought I had 5.2 miles of running in me, I'd give it a try. Instead I'll do the 2.6 run and be done with it, but it is a new goal to set - 2 runs with a bike ride in the middle. As they say: someday I will.

In the meantime, I hope to meet up with some more bunnies and butterflies as I start exploring some new places to run.

1 comment:

Margie said...

Hi Pika
Thanks for the encouragement and the tip on mapmyrun. I'm going on vacation Friday and plan to use it. Thanks again