Tuesday, February 05, 2013

Last night, I dreamt I could run

It's funny, I always know when an injury is starting to subside for real when I have a dream that I'm running.  This time I dreamt I was in a 5k and was going to just run when it felt good and walk the rest of the way (hmmm wonder why I would dream that strategy? 8-| ) and I ended up running the whole race and having a PR.

That was the sign that I'm ready to start a run to walk program again and the Plantar Fasciitis is now history.  Oh sure, I've had a few twinges (pogoing to Skinny Lister and Floggy Molly in the jolly boots of doom on the concrete House of Blues floor the other night didn't help things), but they dissipate quickly and I haven't worn the brace to bed for about a month now.  I've been using the elliptical or the lifecycle at the gym lately and the splint is gone from my hand, even if my fingers are still stiff, sore and only starting to bend again.

These are all good signs, so it's time to count some days and put together a plan - perhaps a 5 weeks to the Ras?

In the meantime - help support me as I plan to ride my bike 100 miles to raise money for Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation (JDRF).

No comments: