Thursday, May 31, 2007

Getting Ready to Run

With thunder storms and rain expected, I wanted to get my run in before the sun went away. Apparently I did so at just the right time because I'm sitting at my desk, mid-day, with the overhead light and desklights on as the sky darkens like no one's business.

Saturday is the Harpoon 5 miler and I promised myself that I'd be closer to ready than I was for the Doyles 5 miler. (What is it with 5 mile races and drinking? Hmmm...) So I went for a 3 mile run to get a sense of where I am. It was a good run today through the neighborhood, up and down hills and down the bike path along the river. Hills that were taking a lot out of me last March are actually pretty comfy right now. They still aren't easy, but they aren't the "I'm going to die" feeling any more either.

Because this is a 21+ race, I'm not running it with kids. No Gazelle Boy to burn through the course and no Mr. Pi to coach, just me (and maybe Stevie Wonder crooning softly in my ear).

Basically, any race ending with good beer at the end for free is OK in my book. :D

No comments: