Tuesday, June 02, 2009

And she's back

After battling injuries, I started running again. I did an ill-prepared Hyannis 10k at the end of February. A more confident Ras Na Heirann and a positively wonderful Doyles 5 miler at the end of March. The world was my oyster and I was feeling good until April came around and it happened again.

On a lovely morning, it felt like someone stabbed me in the back of the heel and I pulled up lame. Cursing and swearing all the way home, I called the orthopedist and got the bad news: most likely a torn achilles.

FUCK!

It is the only word that could be uttered with enough force to begin to express my frustration.

Six weeks with inserts and a boot, I am now ambulatory again. The boot is off and I am now walking. I get to arrange for PT and I go for another check up in 6 weeks. Hopefully then it will be: OK, you can start that c25k again.

But yesterday and today I went for a 30 minute walk around the neighborhood. My goal is to walk at least 30 minutes a day and keep up my muscle strength, regain some of my fitness and move on from there.

So here's to new beginnings.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Good To See Your post….thanks for sharing.. very useful for me i will bookmark this for my future needed. thanks for a great source.

Thanks
SEO Services

Anonymous said...

I read your post . it was amazing

SEO India