Sunday, July 24, 2016

I'm a Winner

Today was supposed to be a 5 mile run day.  We're in the midst of a heatwave and yesterday's 2 miles nearly killed me but hey, a training schedule is a training schedule so I laced up the shoes and left the house.

I ran a familiar route today, one that I know well enough to know all the landmarks and I got to the 2 mile point and thought about turning around.  I was hot and thirsty and done when the Aquabats song "Look at Me (I'm a Winner)" came up in my mix.  There's something about someone singing, "Someone told me you can't lose em' all... but when I nail gunned my hand to the wall, I started to wonder if that could be true...."

Yeah, running in the heat is sort of like nail gunning your hand to a wall: stupid and painful but survivable.

With a sigh I kept on to the next landmark instead of turning around.  So here I am, 5 hot, sweaty, slow miles are now in the books and I'm still on track with my training.

Look at me, I'm a winner.

No comments: