Thursday, February 22, 2007

Countdown

Sunday is the Hyannis Marathon, Half Marathon and 10k. My original thought last Thanksgiving was to run the half. Being sick knocked me off kilter so I downgraded to the 10k. Then, when Mr. Bear slipped on the ice and broke his ankle - he became scared I would follow suit if I ran. But last night we talked it through so it looks like I'm running Sunday.

Just to make sure I could handle it - since my training's been spotty at best - I spent an hour on the treadmill today. In that time I covered 4.3 miles - 1 mile of it walking at 3.5 mph and the rest of it running. I'm feeling good about that since it brings me in about the same time I did for the Tufts 10K last October. It's not a fantastic time, but it is a respectable one.

I'll probably spend some time on the treadmill again tomorrow and take Saturday off but bottom line is I'm stoked for Sunday - my first race of the year.

2 comments:

Nini said...

You should be stoked... it's SUCH a cool race... all the hardcore guys trying to qualify for Boston... the crazies running in their singlets and split shorts...

The buzz of the marathoners and 1/2ers... the cool energy that comes off of the relay runners...

It's a great kick-off for the year!!!

I'm so excited for you :)

JOJIT said...

I'm positive you'll do great in your race on Sunday. Let us know how you did!!!