Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Slippery When Frozen

After a decent week of deadmill time, I haven't run in a few days because Mr. Bear slipped on the ice in the driveway and broke his ankle.

So the past few days have been about getting him settled and cared for - which puts my running on hold. He was pretty scared about me running on Sunday because he's worried I'll slip and fall on the ice in Hyannis and then both of us will be out of commission - but he's starting to calm down a bit about that fear. So it's looking like I may be going down, but it's unsure as to whether I'll run or not.

Last night we talked it through and he's a bit more comfortable with the idea. He said that I could go to the local gym (the meat market) to run since the boys are home this week for vacation and they've been pretty good when I've gone out to do things like food shopping or run errands. He feels badly that I'm missing yoga and have to go to the meat market, but I'll go during the off hours so that I don't have to deal with the idiots and use the yoga DVDs I have.

So today I'm planning on trying a long run at the gym and taking it from there. I figure if I can get a long run in today and tomorrow, I should be fine for Sunday.

1 comment:

Pat said...

Hi, tell mr. bear to take it easy. And you be careful. I thought about you because the Suns are playing the Celtics tonight. It might not be the Celtics year, but maybe the Red Sox will go a long way.

Pat
Arizona, USA