Friday, June 27, 2008

Lies We Tell Ourselves

I made myself a pair of sarong pants last night, but grappled with wearing them today because I was worried about looking fat in them. Then came the inevitable, "I only I were 70 pounds lighter...."

That's when it hit me, even if I were 70 pounds lighter, I would still be stressing over my weight. I would be worried about putting on or increasing a size. Size 8? Maybe if I skip lunch a couple of days I could squeeze into that 6....

I don't know if I'll ever be comfortable with my body, that's the reality. In the meantime I'm happy to be running again and maybe the rest will come.

1 comment:

Paula Villanova said...

Right on all counts. I completely understand but the good news is that we can retrain ourselves to eat healthy and maintain regular excercise and WANT to eat healthy and workout. I got into a routine that was successful, ran a marathon, and then fell apart this past winter but no so much as to undo all the progress I made. I'm happy to be back in gear, but admittedly, it does take work. It's worth it though.