Friday, June 01, 2012

Streaking 'round town

I didn't think I'd make it this far, but I've run 4 days in a row and I'm planning on a run after I get home today.

Last night it was 2.6 with the running club and I pushed myself a little more.  The push dropped me below the 13 min/mile mark.  That means over the course of May, I managed to shave over 30 seconds/mile off my time.  I'm shooting for a 12 minute mile by July 4 and this is the first time it's felt in reach in a long time.

Mostly I've been shooting to go out for a mile or two in the morning, but I want to try to mix it up a bit as I go into the end of the week here to see what kind of runs work best for me.  The general game plan is to stick to the plan: long run on Sunday, a mile or two daily until I meet up with the running club on Thursday and then a mile or two to end the week.

On Sunday I'll make the decision about a fall half.  Yep, I said it, a fall half.  I'm thinking the Smuttynose half in NH at the end of September.  My niece is doing the full, a bunch of friends are doing the half so it makes sense.  Perhaps I can get my sister to come too, that would be nice. :)

Right now, it's time to get ready for the day. :)

No comments: