Sunday, January 01, 2012

I'll take that challenge John Bingham


John Bingham (aka "The Penguin") issued a 100 day challenge. The idea is to move for 30 minutes a day - intentionally. It doesn't matter if it's playing Wii, walking the dog, going for a run or more, the idea is to get off the couch for 30 minutes a day for 100 days.

Not a bad idea. So I made my husband take a walk with me. We walked the 2 miles around the local reservoir for 35 minutes. Because it's so mild out right now, the reservoir was crowded with walkers and runners. Singles, couples and groups made their way around the periphery as the sun began to set. There were people discussing things in Russian, Hebrew and English. People sprinted past while others shuffled by. Some were wearing headphones, some weren't. Either way, it was a pleasant walk with my husband.

I discovered this a couple of hours after I signed up for the Doyle's 5 mile race, which will be on April 22 this year. So 100 days of motion building to a 5 mile race on day 112. I can do that.

So John Bingham, I accept your challenge! Moving 30 minutes a day from now until Easter, I can handle that.

No comments: