Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Another day, another run

I took yesterday off to recover from rolling across the finish line on Sunday (and man you should see the bruises on my thigh, arm and wrist from that), but today was back on the trail.

Instead of t-shirts at the race, they gave us performance shirts - those microfiber waffle weave shirts, so I wore that on my run today. I really like it and may have to swing by the New Balance outlet to pick up a couple more of these.

I wanted to get a run in today before the thunder storms started rolling through. There's supposed to be one of those hot, humid air masses stalling over us for a couple of days, I am so not looking forward to that.

I ran the 1 mile segment of the running trail in just under 15 minutes today. No stopping to use the inhaler and no real serious thoughts of walking any portion of it. I figure if I can do that pretty consistently, then it'll be time to add to that. Because my next race is on the 27th and it's 4.2 miles, I'm going to have to figure out a training strategy. The problem is, there doesn't seem to be a real place for people like me to go for that stuff. They're more for people who are already established runners with a clue.

I suppose I'll try a couple of different things over the next few weeks... we'll see how it goes. But today is good. I got my mile in with a decent time (for the trail) and a minimum of pain from the injuries I got the other day. I did notice my ankle bothering me a little - so I'll ice it down and read the paper before I shower and go off to do things like food shopping.

No comments: