Saturday, July 01, 2006

Today's run 7/1/06

I ran 1.4 miles in 22:36 for a 16:09 pace. That's slow but it was also 85 degrees and partly cloudy when finally made it out for my run.

I also did a 51 minute balance ball workout with the "Balance Ball for Dummies" DVD. The GAIAM DVD is more a moving meditation with soft new age music and flowing from one movement to the next... sort of like a yoga routine. The Dummies workout is more of a health club workout. There was that synthesized upbeat rock-style music and there was a break between each exercise to set up the next one. It wasn't bad and I liked that there were some bicep and tricep work with hand weights while sitting on the ball (something I may just do on my own).

Of the two, right now I prefer the more meditative DVD. I like the relaxed feeling. If I decide to buy the Dummies DVD, I don't think it would be a regular one, just one I'd use every so often to break up the monotony. I'll keep my eye open on used racks and at yard sales for this one.

No comments: