Saturday, July 15, 2006

Good news ... sort of

The good news is that I really am getting comfortable with running a mile at a time and my time is pretty consistent. I just need to find a way to push myself to the next level.

Of course when it's incredibly hot and humid with all sorts of hot weather advisories, that isn't easy. Nor does having your arm throb every time you jar it because you got a DTaP booster. (I know, I know, tetnus boosters hurt like anything and you only have to get them every 10 years, but it still hurts.)

But I do have to start figuring out a game plan for longer distances.

I just found out that my husband has to make a business trip the day of the Jerry Garcia run, so that means I'm stuck with walking with the boys instead of running. In the car the other day, I told my oldest I was disappointed because I was really looking forward to the run. He just stared for a second and said, "I never thought I would ever hear you say that."

To be honest, neither did I.

I was telling my husband that I'm really loving the performance shirt they gave us at the Ryka race - you know that light weight dri-weave shirt that really wicks the perspiration away. He told me I should go out and get a couple of more if I like that much - but then I started seeing how much they were... $40! That's a lot of dough for a running shirt. I did see them for the $15-18 range at the New Balance factory store, so I may pick up a couple there. I just wasn't ready for that sticker shock.

The library got a couple of the books on women and running that I requested, so I'll go over to pick those up later today.

So I guess it's now time to start setting goals and working on performance issues.... I need to think a little on it.

No comments: