Sunday, July 02, 2006

I am the eggman

It was a rest day today - especially after everything I did yesterday. So we went off to hit some baseballs, ride in go carts, climb the rock wall at REI and other fun stuff.

I chose not to climb the rock wall because I fouled a 70 mph ball off the front of my ankle. It didn't take long for a huge egg to form and it start to turn red and purple (and it really is such a lovely shade of both colors).

We did stop at Newbury Comics to scan the used DVDs to see what we could find. I found some Ranma 1/2, Legally Blonde 1 & 2 - the fully accessorized editions and a Swiss Ball workout DVD. It looks a little lame and I figure if I don't like, I'll sell it back to them for a couple of bucks - no biggie.

Tomorrow I start running the 3 mile loop to get ready for next Sunday's race. This will be the first time I get a real time on running a 5k course and be able to (hopefully) adjust from there. I know where the 1 and 2 mile marks are on the course, so the idea is to be able to cover both of those and then run/walk the 3rd mile before next Sunday.

Here's hoping.

No comments: