Thursday, July 20, 2006

Two times the charm

The weather does make a difference. Today I did my (14/1)x2 covering 2 miles in 30 minutes. The other day it took me a couple of minutes longer to cover the same distance. I'm happy that I have now done this twice in a row, tomorrow let's make it 3 times in a row.

I signed up for the Johnny Kelley 5K on Sunday, so I figured I'd run tomorrow and take Saturday as a rest day and Sunday as my race day. If it gets hot again, I'll go to the pool on Saturday and do some laps and relax a bit.

Yesterday I went to the Sox game and realized that my shorts don't fit me properly anymore - which meant my pedometer was at a funny angle and didn't count things properly. I was kind of hoping to log my steps/mileage yesterday too.

I'm going to the game today too. I had a ticket for yesterday (beautiful seats in the grandstands behind the Sox dugout) and I had a ticket for the Mother's Day game that got rained out. Today I get my special treat: box seat in right field. Hopefully Papi will hit one to me today. :)

After Sunday's race, I figure I'll have a better idea of whether or not to do the Tufts 10K on Columbus Day. It would be 10 weeks to train for a 10K... can I do that? I think I can, but let me see if I can run 5K before I start thinking I can run 10K.

No comments: